After putting hours of research and effort into your website, you may find that you want to cash in on your prized asset. There are many places on the internet in which you can put your website up for sale. Below is a selection:
1. Flippa – Currently the largest and most popular website marketplace, Flippa has come a long way since moving from its original roots in Sitepoint. It is the highest trafficked marketplace for websites and your website has the highest chance of finding a buyer if put up for sale here. It has a listing fee of $29 and a successful sale fee of 5%.
2. Warrior Forum – The Warrior Forum is the highest traffic internet marketing forum and definitely can give your listing many pairs of eyes. The crowd is savvy but the chances of finding a buyer is definitely good.
3. DigitalPoint Forum – The Digital Point Forum is one of the most active internet marketing community on the web. It also has a section dedicated to the purchase and sale of websites and has systems in place for the confirmation of various statistics as well.
4. WebsiteBroker – This is a website marketplace that allows the listing of websites for sale. It seems to be very active and looks to be the closest alternative to Flippa and offers a one-time listing fee of $9.95 for 90 days.
5. EBay – Ebay is a very well-known auction site. It also has a category dedicated to “Internet Businesses and Websites”. It is a good alternative to list your site.
6. BuySellWebsite – BuySellWebsite is an established marketplace (since 2002) and has quite an active pool of buyers and sellers. They have listing and appraisal services as well.
7. Flipping Enterprises – Flipping Enterprises is a website brokerage where they try to find a buyer for your site. They have a pool of ready and regular buyers.
8. WeSellYourSite – This is a website marketplace cum website brokerage and seems to cater to the high-end if your sites are worth in the 5-figures, this is definitely a place you want to go to list your site.
9. DealASite.com – A totally free site that allows both buyers and seller to list their sites. Also good for listing domain names.
10. WebMasters MarketPlace – This a fantastic looking marketplace for websites and is completely free to list. There are options for a featured homepage listing with a small price. The price is in credits and each credit equals US$1. Definitely worth a look for webmasters.
11. Experienced-People.net – This is forum that has a free marketplace for buying and selling websites. It is relatively new and has 3 dedicated sub-sections for the listing of sites. The sections seem to be less than 2 months old (at the time of this posting) and relatively new. Since it has very low to no fees, it is worth at least try.
Other Sites You May Want to Consider
There are many other sites that you want to consider. For forums, those in the Webmaster, Internet Marketing and Domain Name niches are all great places where you can sell your sites. Most of them do have sub-forums that allow the listing of sites for sale.
Classified ads sites such as Craigslist, Gumtree, Locanto etc. are good places to list your sites as well. Another option is sites that specialize in having businesses for sale. These sites normally allow the listing of websites as internet businesses and may get you a couple of potential buyers.